Thursday, October 25, 2012

Meeet Lori Dodd, Recipe Contributor for "Memories in the Kitchen: Bites and Nibbles from 'Bryony'

Lori Dodd shared "My "World Famous" Potato Salad for Ordinary Days chapter in the official Bryony cookbook: Memories in the Kitchen: Bites and Nibbles from "Bryony."

All proceeds from the cookbook benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will and Grundy Counties. Go HERE to learn more about the organization.

To purchase the cookbook, click HERE

To view Lori's recipe on the BryonySeries Sue's Diner page, click HERE
     
   
    1) What do you like to cook?
I love to cook Thanksgiving Dinner – with all the trimmings.

2) Where do you find your recipes?
Usually I make them up or just make a written recipe my own by changing it up.

3) What is your earliest culinary memory?
My mom cooking pork chops and peas for dinner (the only thing she could cook )

4) What is your favorite food and why?
Pot Roast. I think it’s because it represented a “family” dinner; plus I love the meat and potatoes.

5) Is there a food you won’t eat and why?
Sushi, can’t get past the raw fish. But I love the California Rolls.

6) Tell us about your most dramatic kitchen mishap.
I was making a Thanksgiving Dinner with my college roommate a year after we graduated. She had a Betty Crocker cookbook that we were using for the dressing recipe. We put an entire package of celery in her “new food processor” to chop it, but instead it liquefied it. We didn’t have any more celery to hand chop, so we just used the green mush. Actually it tasted very good and moist. I now put my celery in the blender to get the same consistency every year now.

7) Do you own a kitchen tool you never use?
A hand held blender to make smoothies. It’s useless and doesn’t work well at all. The funny thing is, my mother bought me another one because she thought I loved it.

8) Do you like to bake? Why or why not?
Yes, around the holidays especially. I don’t do it very often otherwise.

9) Why is cooking enjoyable for you?
I love to feed people I enjoy being around, the more the merrier. Usually we invite friends who don’t have any local family to join us and make it a huge party during the holidays. That always makes it very special.

10) What’s the best cooking tip you’ve received?
When making homemade country gravy, always mix some of the drippings and flour together first to avoid lumpy gravy.

 

No comments: