Monday, September 24, 2012

So What Happened to the Great Makeup Experiment?

It’s, uh, on hold.

Turned out the Midwest drought wrecked havoc on allergic people (like me). Despite daily high doses of antihistamines to combat chronic hives, my eyes, nose, and throat rebelliously behaved as if I’d played purist and shunned all medication.

So I’m waiting for frost to kill every living green thing and for the itching, swelling, and congestion to depart. No point in slathering myself with new products when my skin labors under the throes of histamine overload.

Of course, by the time seasonal allergies settle down, I figure a slew of winter viruses will wage war on my system, yet again delaying a trip into cosmetic investigation and the playing with an endless array of colorful facial paints, brushes, sponges...the birthright of women everywhere since the garden.

Soooo glad I’m not allergic to keyboards, mice, and monitors.

 

No comments: