Thursday, May 19, 2011

Josh Siegers of JKS Productions, Part 2

Josh Siegers of JKS Productions is assisting filmmaker Stephen Tuplin with the Bryony trailer and Bryony music video. In the final part of the interview, Josh talks specifically about Bryony production and his career goals and offers advice to other film students.

For more information visit http://www.jksproductions.com/.


6) How much of the Bryony storyline do you know?

   "I will be honest that I dont know much of the story. I only know as much as some of the Bryony fans will know from the work we have done in videos and photos for the book."


7) What are your impressions now, after filming?

   "My impressions on the book are very high just from getting the job as Director of Photography on all of the advertising jobs we were contracted for. It was very interesting to see the story line be told and acted out."


8) What reaction do you hope viewers will have?

   "I hope viewers will be able to see the passion behind the book and the creativity in it. The music video that was filmed was a live studio recording of a song from the album and I assure you that when you listen to it, you will want to replay it and replay it again. The beautiful work by the artist was simply amazing and will intrigue any viewer."


9) What are your long-term career goals?

   "Much of my work has been in live to tape music videos and in-studio interviews. I also have worked on many short films as the director and director of photography. However, my passion is in television, and with the experiences I have been blessed with, I have found a new passion: directing live productions. Directing shows allows you to make aesthetic decisions of how the show will be executed by the production team working with you. As a director I am a very easygoing guy, which creates a comfortable working atmosphere for my crew and allows us to deliver the best product as a team."


10 What advice would you give prospective film students?

   "If I was able to give some advice to prospective film students, I would say that if you are passionate about films, you need to take it under you and try to make your first film. Failing to make it is what we all will do, but soon you will become great at it. From then on, you will grow your talent even greater with every new experience that you will be blessed with."








No comments: