Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Josh Siegers of JKS Productions, Part 1

Josh Siegers of JKS Productions is assisting filmmaker Stephen Tuplin with the Bryony trailer and Bryony music video. Today he talks about his company and how he became involved with the Bryony project.

For more information visit http://www.jksproductions.com/.


1) What is JKS Productions?

"KS Productions is a Production Company serving Orland Park, Illinois and surrounding South Chicago Suburbs. We specialize in Wedding Videography & Portrait Photography. No event is too big nor small for us to document! If you are looking for South Chicago Suburbs Wedding Videographer, we are just what you are looking for!"


2) When did you form your company and why?


   "JKS Productions started in 2009 when I was getting work experience in the South Suburbs of Chicago for videography and portraits. I decided instead of me saying, 'Josh Siegers will do the job for you!' I wanted to have a name under me to look more professional. After trying to come up with a business name for way to long, I finally went with my initials and called my company, JKS Productions."


3) When and how did your zeal for videography begin?

   "I started my filmmaking career when one Sunday, I was asked to substitute for someone’s technical directing shift at my church. I was 15 years old, and I had only worked the switcher once before. I sat down five minutes before show time and played around until I finally got the hang of it. Six years later, I am still involved in the audio and video team at the church, and it has given me many opportunities to work live shows, which has helped me hone my craft. At the age of 10 I was taking using my parents camera to film things around the house or family events. This is where I started my career in videography."


4) Why did you choose Tribeca Flashpoint to further your education?

   "I chose Tribeca Flashpoint because of the one day I was in my fathers car and on the radio, a comercial for the school came on and after they said what they did, me and my dads eyes both lit up and we looked right at each other with big eyes. We knew that this was the place for me to start my future!"


5) How did you become involved with the Bryony project?

   "A fellow student of mine from Tribeca Flashpoint, Stephen Tuplin, asked me to help him with a project he had a passion for. I tend to be picky with things that I work on, but when I heard about this project, I knew right away it was something different, and I needed to work on it! I am blessed that I got the opportunity to learn more about Bryony and the work that was put into it."

No comments: