Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jule Drake vs. Julie Drake, Part 2

8) When you were growing up, did you have long or short hair? How did you wear it? “Real” Julie Drake: “Long, pony tail or braids.” Bryony’s Julie Drake: “Medium-long, braids.” 9) Do you hold grudges? “Real” Julie Drake: “Well I would say yes, if it is someone that has hurt my family or someone I love very much. If they hurt me I tend to be more forgiving.” Bryony’s Julie Drake: “Generally, no, but it really depends what the offense is.” 10) What did you family do for fun? “Real” Julie Drake: “We really just played in the back yard alot. We didn't have alot of money after my father died. When my mom remarried then we would travel. We would go stay at my Aunt Julie's in California. We had gone to Florida a few times. My mother loved scrabble, and we would play that.” Bryony’s Julie Drake: “Played board games and watch TV, when you could get reception.” 11) What was your first job? “Real” Julie Drake: “I cleaned stalls and fed and groomed horses for a local guy who had Arabians. He had a lot of money and paid me to take care of them.” Bryony’s Julie Drake: “Waitressing at Sue’s Diner. It’s interesting that the “real” Julie Drake cared for horses. Back in the nineteenth century, a famous composer and musician, John Simons, once lived here and he kept Arabian horses.” 12) What were your career goals? “Real” Julie Drake: “I really wanted to work with racehorses. I did until I was 19.” Bryony’s Julie Drake: “I loved analyzing people, especially when it came to figuring out why anyone would want to stay in Munsonville. I always wanted to be a psychologist in private practice, so that’s what I did.” 13) How did you meet David? “Real” Julie Drake: “First time I met Dave was at the Indy time trials.” Bryony’s Julie Drake: At Jenson College of Liberal Arts. We were both psychology majors. His last name wasn’t important, because David took my last name once we were married.” 14) What did you like about him? “Real” Julie Drake: “He just seemed very genuine to me, and I love blue eyes.” Bryony’s Julie Drake: “The fact that he was ambitious and yet easy-going. He was a little shy, too, but I knew he had a crush on me, so I didn’t mind asking him out. Besides, I loved his blue eyes, even behind the gold wire rims.”

No comments: