Thursday, September 19, 2024

Thank You!

A WriteOn Joliet member and I emailed back and forth the other day about the possibility of WriteOn starting its own blog.

WriteOn Joliet does have a blog page.

We currently have two years of our "Writers Are Readers" blog that was my co-leader Tom Hernandez's passion project.

And we point to WriteOn member James Pressler's longtime and very excellent craft blog: "Writing and the Process."

So this member and I discussed possibilities and he hopes to talk "blog" at tonight's meeting.

That led me to check the BryonySeries' blog's all-time statistics.

I used to check those weekly but fell off that habit sometime between the COVID-19 pandemic and the fall of Twitter.

Now, I do keep an eye on the daily, weekly, and monthly statistics. But all-time, no.

Perhaps that's because getting writing seen is so challenging these days, whether it's my journalism writing or my blog writing.

At any rate, I looked.  And I was pleasantly surprised.


And I blog daily.

And some of those views might be bots (I'm pretty sure some of those views are bots).

But I took the screenshot at the bottom of this post approximately ten minutes ago. So these are my most recent numbers.

Yes, I'm not hitting a million anytime soon. However, I will quietly (or maybe not so quietly) celebrate that number when I reach it.

What helps is that I have so much evergreen content, that some really old blog posts still get views each day. So that helps a lot.

Now, this is a free blog. I'm not monetizing it or will ever monetize it.

Nor does the blog drive book sales.

So it really doesn't matter to me if I get three views a day or three hundred.

Because to me, the blog is part of social media. And social media, to me - still - is about connection.

Nevertheless, I really was humbled to see those all-time numbers. Most of them represent people who clicked through to watch a video, listen to a song, or read something I wrote.

Thank you so very much for connecting with me in this way. I am so very grateful.













No comments: