Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Blue Birthday Towels (and Cash for Shoes)

Good morning!

I'm holding off posting a new recipe for Sue's Diner today. Rebekah had a rough day yesterday, but she has a special recipe she'd like me to share. 

So our nineteenth century chicken salad recipes with homemade crackers is still on the Sue's Diner menu if you haven't tried it yet.

Instead, I'd like to show you this lovely birthday gift from Cindy: a set of dark blue towels in a dark blue bag with dark blue tissue paper, a lovely card, and $50 toward shoes.

That might seem like an unusual birthday gift, but I'm also the type of person that loved a shower curtain birthday gift. 

Here's why the gift is so thoughtful and shows Cindy gave from her heart.

Dark blue is my favorite color. Just looking at dark blue makes me feel good.

I love objects that project happiness. I mean, just look at that card! It projects joy and smiles.

I almost never buy shoes and clothes for myself until the need for both is high. It's partly because I don't like shopping in general (unless I'm shopping with someone else because they like to shop and I'm just there for the socialization).

It also has to do with the way I budget my money.

I have an overall life philosophy of "use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without." (In short, I'm cheap).

It also has to do with the fact it's difficult to find shoes that correctly fit my feet. And shoes are expensive.

But as a walker (and an aging walk at that), good shoes are important.

Soooo...

Cindy's gift will take me good places with a smile. And when I return home, and it's time to relax and a pamper myself, I'll be surrounded with a stack of soft blue towels.

Happy Wednesday!



No comments: