Friday, July 19, 2024

Friday Free Space

Good morning!

Ever since I began this blog in 2010, Fridays were a day to post a roundup of all my story links for The Herald-News.

Today I'm breaking from that tradition since I don't have many to post this week.

One, I was off last Friday and Monday for my birthday. Shaw Media is generous in that it gives us a day off in our birthday month.

Two, when I returned, a lot of the focus was on storm coverage and two stories just for print.

Three, the last few weeks have been super challenging - and have been filled with some wonderful moments, too. I'd prefer only the latter, of course - but life doesn't serve itself up that way.

And speaking of moments, most of life is lived within moments. So instead of linking to my work, I'm sharing a random moment in 2018 that I caught with my phone camera, a moment I don't remember living.

I guess the lesson here is this: no matter how topsy turvy life can get, find reasons to smile.

And try to capture those moments via camera, too, for a second smile years down the road.

(Bertrand the Mouse approves this message).




No comments: