Monday, July 31, 2023

A Basket of Love

So yesterday I attended the celebration of life for Cindy's father.

But not until last night did I realize the family was paying for the arrangements through GoFundMe.

And just to show what a lovely person Cindy is, Cindy donated towards Rebekah's GoFundMe on Saturday night.

Cindy's father was already quite ill when she joined our family on July 15, the birthday celebration for Riley and me, since we share the same birthday and a middle name. But she said she wouldn't miss our gathering for the world (and she did need a break, too, she said).

She also brought me a lovely basket filled with lovely gifts. 


She brought me beautiful card with an even more beautiful message handwritten inside.


She brought me beautiful bath sponges in my favorite water colors.


She brought me ocean breeze soy candle in lovely watery colors.


Now, I'm not sure what item paired with the Vietnam tag. But Cindy is Vietnamese, so I tucked the tag inside the card.


She brought me coffee mug that reflects our relationship and my love for the moon.


She brought me sharpies in vivid colors, the perfect gift for writers who love colors.


She brought me another special notebook to go on the shelf with the other special notebooks that are too special to mark up.


And she tucked all these items among blue tissue paper and ribbon. And now I also have a sturdy attractive basket to put stuff in. (Oh, yes, I'm keeping it all)


But the greatest gift doesn't come in a basket. The greatest gift is the love that inspired the basket.

Again Cindy donated to Rebekah's new cause while her family is asking for donations to pay for a funeral. 

The loss of Rebekah's transportation when she cannot replace it is huge and will impact Rebekah in many ways. So it's not minor, even when comparing to the loss of a father.

But the point is that, even in Cindy's own worry about her father, she wanted to show her love with her presence and gifts, a true manifestation of the "time, treasure, and talents."

And then, even in Cindy's own grief about her father, she wanted to to show her love to Rebekah but helping her out, too.

I think that shows a person's character, and heart, don't you?


No comments: