Monday, March 27, 2023

A Quick Pause for Thankfulness

Nearly every plan I had for this weekend went to the wayside when I wound up in the ER Saturday and had an unexpected minor procedure.

But a few blessings arose from that.

At the hospital, I had the same team (nurse and doctor) when I was there eighteen months ago for a similar situation. I was impressed with their care and attentiveness and sent a note to the hospital expressing my gratitude.

On Saturday night, I had the opportunity to tell them in person and let them know I had sent that note. 

I wanted something happy to read, so I brought this book with me to re-read, since I the second is out and I wanted to refresh my memory. I'm more than halfway through and hope to finish the book this week.

The author is a friend, a member of WriteOn Joliet, and handles all the art for the BryonySeries subseries, The Adventures of Cornell Dyer.

On Sunday, I took two naps (to the delight of my calico Faith) and finished one project that needed completion over the weekend (although I will need to check over my work today to make sure it's correct).

I wrote absolutely zero fiction (super disappointed about that since the next opportunity is a week away) and I wanted to get a jump on a big project at work on Sunday (oh, if I could clone me!).

But I live with/near three adult children who made sure I had everything I needed (and checked up on me when I seemed too quiet for too long), and I'm feeling super tired (but not unwell) today.

Maybe I'm just at that age, although my incident wasn't age-related. A friend's husband had a heart attack on Wednesday and another friend had a stroke on Saturday, mere hours before I headed to the ER.

What is the point of all this?

All things considered, it wasn't a bad weekend.

I got to read, nap, and be on the receiving end of some good care.

I don't know what today brings or what road I will travel.

But when the blessings show up, I hope to recognize and appreciate them.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even with the unplanned trip to the ER, overall, it doesn’t sound like a total washout of your weekend ❤️

Denise M. Baran-Unland said...

Is that awesome how it all works out?
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God." Romans 8:28