Saturday, August 14, 2021

Ed Calkins, Steward of Tara: Random Thoughts on "The Phoenix"

Late last Saturday afternoon while on deadline, Ed Calkins, Steward the Tara, started texting me about
 The Pheonix, the first book in the new BryonySeries Limbo trilogy.

He sent the following texts and then just called. I chatted for a just a few minutes and told him we could schedule a time for conversatin after Nancy had read the book. 

They both had wanted to discuss Before The Blood when they finished all five volumes a couple of months ago. But between a lot of life stuff in both our families, we kept pushing it out. So we'll do it...soon.

Anyway, here are Ed's initial impressions. My BryonySeries super fan left the book's lone review on Amazon, if you'd like a more focused point of view.

The disheartening part of ending the phone call so quickly is that the opportunity for basking in the "just finished an amazing book" moment will have passed by the time we do talk.

I still expect Ed to be enthusiastic when we do catch up, but the immediacy of that enthusiasm will be gone.

For obscure indie authors like me, those opportunities don't come too often. 

I did make deadline, though. 

Here are Ed's texts. A few minor spoilers, nothing that should "spoil" the books.


I have finished the book phoenix my wife will read it next 


Enjoyed it immensely with so many questions and so much to reread and so much too elaborate on we will have much to talk about 


Dr. Parks you meet his parents in before the blood find out they have a secret child they're ashamed of and then you're introduced to him pulled into his medicine and still wonder where he is and how he gets his power even after understanding That Henry family lineage is no doubt funding him 


I had always thought that after John's death the only one powerful enough to pull Kellen's Strings would be Satan himself 

Wow The series continues easily moving in both directions along with some sideways places 


I also assumed that George gets the big scoop he wanted and I assumed that would've been the return of John Simons 

You just hint at that or is the scoop Dr Park's Success in healing him I could go either way 

With Girard's power Coming that from his immense wealth But some supernatural power to subjugate vampires 









 

No comments: