Friday, October 30, 2020

Story Round-Up: Features in The Herald-News, Oct. 18 through Oct. 30

WHEW! What a first week back at work.

Fortunately, I was smart enough (it happens, sometimes) to sift through email and plan my week on Sunday. Sometimes I am smart like that, and the week felt very productive.

Last night, I took my first glimpse at some of The Phoenix that I worked on during the second at-home writing retreat of 2020. Most of these excerpts will only need editing, so I am super pleased about that. 

Plans for this weekend: Halloween plans remain uncertain at this point, but Rebekah wants to assemble some Halloween bags for the grandchildren.

I definitely will be working on The Phoenix, as well as Ruthless.

I have to finish the BryonySeries November calendar.

And I have two more editing clients, whose work I hope to start tackling next week - or even this weekend, if the contracts come back in time.

Be sure to check out two amazing reviews for the newly released Lycanthropic Summer

I hope anyone who is reading this blog is having an amazing morning and that Friday only gets better.


WRITERS

If you're a writer anywhere in the world, you're welcome to join WriteOn Joliet's Facebook pageWe're based in Joliet, Illinois, but we love to meet and interact with writers outside our area, too.

If you'd like to officially join WriteOn Joliet, we have two tiers of dues. We also have a marketing arm that's getting longer every year, well, except this year. Check us out at writeonjoliet.com.


ARTISTS

If you need an artist for a project, I offer these recommendations.


NEWSLETTERS

Sign up for the Will County Go Guide

http://www.theherald-news.com/newsletter/will-county-go-guide/#//


Sign up for the LocalLit Short Story Newsletter

http://www.theherald-news.com/newsletter/locallit/


Sign up for The Munsonville Times

https://www.bryonyseries.com/munsonville-times


QUESTIONS

Email me at bryonyseries@gmail.com.

Thank you for reading The Herald-News. And for reading this blog. And if you've read (or plan to read) any of my books. Your support is greatly appreciated.

For 5 years Joliet woman helped the homeless - now she's 1 of them

VIDEO: She lost her home on Friday night

VIDEO: Coming home the day after a fire

Pets of the Week: Oct. 26

K-9 officer at Will County forest preserve retires 

Grieving loved ones this year? Honor them with a light of love

Cause of fire that left Joliet family homeless under investigation  

Brother, can you spare a ride? Senior Services of Will County seeking volunteer drivers

LocalLit book review: Captain Character, The Legend

Plainfield woman making Ghoulie Gourds to benefit local animal rescues

'I’d rather keep people alive than make a quilt'



Illustration by Matt Coundiff for "Visage."



No comments: