Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Community News and Writing Projects

Good morning! Is everyone having a great day so far? 

Below is a list to nearly twenty pieces of news I posted recently for The Herald-News.

Because I worked this past weekend, I'm off work today, so I have plenty of non-work (but non-fiction) writing projects to keep me busy today - after I (finally) finish the BryonySeries calendar for October.

First up is a news release for WriteOn Joliet's next author of the month.

Then I hope to plug up any open spaces on a non-fiction book I wrote this past year, a bookI hope to release next month.

Looking ahead...

On Friday, I will start my second writer's retreat for this year and (hopefully) get a final draft of The Phoenix done so I can work on self-editing the rest of the year. I'd like to have it ready for my editor after the holidays.

If Timothy has time, we still need to schedule a "Cornell" meeting.

Now The Phoenix is the first book in a new BryonySeries trilogy called "Limbo."

The other two books are named Call of the Siren and House at the Top of the Hill. And I already have some rambling notes for these, too.

Speaking of rambling notes, I also have notes for two standalone novels: The Emporium Orphans and the witch story I started to write when I was fifteen and spent many hours in the New Lenox library researching the topic. 

However, the witch story will be written in a style few authors have dared write, but it seems to be the best style for this book.

So if this pandemic continues, I have enough projects to keep me occupied.

Or in the words of Caryn Rochelle from Lycanthropic Summer, "Right? Write?"


Public Service Announcement MorningStar Mission Thanksgiving/Christmas Baskets

Owner of Frankfort photography studio named juror for Swedish competition

Hunters at Midewin can now go directly to trailhead parking areas and sign in

Frankfort trustee Keith Ogle to run for mayor in April 2021 election

Joliet Central teachers receive 2020 Yale Educator Award

Current 8th-graders: take a free practice high school placement test: Joliet Catholic Academy offering test on Oct. 12

Will County bank donates $5,000 each to 3 local nonprofits 

Need free breakfasts and lunches for your children?: Joliet Public Schools District 86 has added additional times, for any child 18 and under 

Will County in top 10 Illinois counties for crashes involving deer in 2019

Joliet West seniors named 2021 Commended Students

Silver Cross in New Lenox awards $60,000 in #scholarships to hospital employees/children

Plainfield church hosted drive-thru pet blessing  

Bobcats caught on Will County forest preserve's game camera

Stay safe in the kitchen: cooking is the leading cause of fires in the U.S.

Lockport man’s hungry heron photo devours photo competition 

Twelve D. 202 students earn National Merit 'commended' rank

G&D Integrated donates 22,000 new file folders to D. 86 in Joliet 

Village of Frankfort to sell surplus real estate









No comments: