Monday, August 10, 2020

Aren't You Excited?

Sort of?


I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote the this title and first two words.

But I found it this morning in blogger's draft folder. It's dated 2011.

On the other had, "excited" is the mood this morning as I'm feeling accomplishment everywhere.

I finished Lycanthropic Summer over the weekend and began its formatting. Artwork is drafted.

All manuscripts have been returned to clients (four are in progress) for their revisions.

Phyllis' memoir is done, and payment was received. This was a huge, two-year project, and the amount of satisfaction is huge.

I worked for a few hours yesterday and that was extremely productive as I'm now ahead of myself this morning (very unusual for a Monday).

I've scheduled an at-home writing retreat for the week of August 23 since I have vacation time to use.  I took a couple of those two years ago and made wonderful writing progress with the last installment of Before The Blood. My goal is huge (two chapters in The Phoenix a day) but I'll settle for one per day.

Since I'm working this weekend, I hope to finish the six book in The Adventures of Cornell Dyer this Thursday (which will be Saturday) and the following Tuesday (which will be Sunday) so the decks are cleared for the retreat.

Ditto for WriteOn Joliet's fourth anthology, which is nearly formatted.

For anyone reading this blog: I hope you have plenty of reasons to be excited this Monday morning, too.

It's a new day in a new week full of new opportunities.

If your Monday is challenging, I hope enough blessings, even small ones, appear in your horizon to fill you with hope.

These blessings fill me with hope, too. One son was tested for covid over the weekend and another was in the ER with a serious infection in his bloodstream, which we're watching very carefully.

But life isn't always served in neat packages to our liking.

But it's still a new day in a new week full of new opportunities.

For me, new opportunities for writing.

For being kind.

For addressing the health challenges of another.

For who knows what?

Because the day is still uncharted.

And none of that takes away from the above accomplishments. It feels good to start a project, it feels great to finish it.

Welcome, Monday!

Illustration by Kathleen Rose Van Pelt for "Bryony."




No comments: