Tuesday, January 21, 2020

How to Read More Books This Year

Maybe it's a by-product of a severely asthmatic childhood, but I read A LOT and so does my sister and my children.

In fact my sister, who also has a master's degree in library science, has an entire room in her home that is only bookshelves (Lucky!).

Some people like reading a lot less. And some people would like to read a lot more.

This article popped up in my news feed today. It has eight great tips for people who want to read more (maybe that's you).

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/8-ways-to-read-a-lot-more-books-this-year?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Here's a ninth suggestion: Browse your public library and local bookstore.

And since my WriteOn Joliet co-leader Tom Hernandez says I'm terrible at self-promotion, here's a tenth: Come out to The Book Market this Saturday (Jan. 25) between 3 and 5 p.m.

I'll be there with a collection of the books in the BryonySeries, which has titles for all ages and even a cookbook (which benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will and Grundy Counties).

If you've never been inside The Book Market, you should. The space is filled with reasonably priced used books for every age and on every topic imaginable.

The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. And if you don't know what to buy a reader, gift cards are available, too.

If you're looking for a rare or out-of-print book, stop here first before scouring online.

The Book Market is located at 23675 Plainfield Road in Crest Hill. 

Happy reading! :)


Illustration by Kathleen Rose Van Pelt for "Bryony."


No comments: