Saturday, January 18, 2020

Come Out for a Night of Laughter

It seemed simple to me.

WriteOn Joliet, which usually hosts two open mics a year, missed its second one this past fall due to many other events that opened up for this adult critique group.

I was racking my brain for a special way to celebrate Calkins Day, the official holiday of the BryonySeries, a holiday that celebrates humor, imagination and creativity each Feb. 13.

So I pitched the idea of an open mic event with a theme of humor to my WriteOn Joliet co-leader Tom Hernandez with the real Ed Calkins as our special guest.

He loved the idea and voila!

Whether you'd like to share a whimsical work, enjoy the works of others, or meet the ruthless Steward of Tara himself, please join us from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Feb. 13 at the Book and Bean Cafe, 3395 Black Road in Joliet, inside the Joliet Public Library.

More details will unfold in the coming days.

Have a great Saturday! :)


No comments: