Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Three Sweet Things

Three sweet things came into my life over the last twenty-four hours or so.

Here they are:



As I've previously written, I'm pen pals with nine of my youngest grandchildren. This includes Justin, the son of my youngest son's girlfriend.

Although the couple has no plans for breaking up ever, if they do fall apart for some reason, I want to stay this child's grandmother forever.

This is the first letter he sent me. I love it!!!



The second is this delicious chocolate a lovely woman left by my desk yesterday at The Herald-News.

She is one of the people who came out to the limerick slam at Book and Bean Cafe for Calkins Day this year and then, subsequently, tried (unsuccessfully) to persuade other venues in the area to host a limerick slam. 

She also sent a few Letters to the Editor to The Herald-News in limerick form and would periodically text me in limerick. :)

By choosing dark chocolate, it shows she read my story on National Chocolate Day.

And the mint?

Perhaps she still has fake Irish on the mind.




Finally, I woke up to these blog stats this morning.

While I was hoping to hit 400,000 total views by the end of the year, I had no strategy for doing so. It was just a wish.

And now, well.

Excited, to say the least!

No comments: