Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Whoa! What a Busy Day!

I have totally scrapped the awesome post I was planning to write about editing Visage since one task after another has totally gobbled up the time.

And I STILL have a bunch of stuff to do, even before I can tackle the household chores I had abandoned until "later."

There are early deadlines this week (because it's Holy Week for most of the Christian world) and early deadlines NEXT week (because it's Holy Week for us Eastern Orthodox Christians), along with having (and wanting) to cook whole bunch of scrumptious food, attend a slew of services that literally walk us through the last days of Christ, and adhere to traditions I began in my children's childhood that they still expect, like out annual toga party (It's not what you think).

So, what DID I do today?

I ran a final copyedit on four press releases, whittled my inbox to twenty-four new messages, sent and received e and voice mail, checked my Facebook News Feed (which I'd neglected for nearly a week), edited and sent two more stories, wrote captions for about a dozen photographs to accompany stories then sent them off, and worked on a really neat side editing project that is taking longer to complete than I initially anticipated (Isn't it always that way?). I comforted an overtired, fussy grandbaby, fed the cats twice, and even got my walk in.

And what's left?

   *  a stack of phone calls

   * daily household chores

   *  dinner

   *  the bank

   * a trip to the grocery store

   * a vet bill to pay

   * laundry

   *  straighten up my office (This one should probably go at the top of the list, eek!)

   * file paperwork

Yesterday, I was hoping to read through Chapter 11 of Visage, then figured I'd get to it today, and now wondering if I should do that tonight in between the editing of Bryony, the audio book, but now I'm remembering I still haven't finished scanning the Bryony cookbook for errors (Ooops! Haven't peeked at it since LAST Tuesday) and mentally debating which I should do.

Decisions, decisions.

AND, since it's going to be a VERY late night tonight, further musing on the merits of another cup of coffee versus a nap.

I know what you're thinking. I should have a Guiness instead. Alas, my daily whopping dose of antihistamines to treat chronic hives will prevent that now and forever.

Sigh.

I think the cup of coffee is gonna win.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  

No comments: