Thursday, June 11, 2020

Glorna

An odd title for a blog post? Not really, once I explain why I've titled it this way.

Let me start here.

Like many people, I have different social media accounts, some for me, some for the BryonySeries. But unlike many people, I try not to replicate what followers might find there - with the exception of this blog, which is posted to several different platforms.

So my personal/work/journalism/author/editor Twitter is very different from my BryonySeries Twitter, although it may, occasionally, have a slight overlap of posts.

And my BryonySeries Facebook is very different from my BryonySeries Twitter, both in the types of content I post and its frequency, although I do post a great deal of new material that "feels" like the series on both platforms.

Instagram is completely devoted to Bertrand the Mouse, with no new content since March. He's been sheltering in place since the pandemic began and refuses to come out. That's really cute, a rodent afraid of the plague.

Anyway.

On the BryonySeries Twitter, two types of people tend to follow it: those who like the themes in the series and other writers. 

I've been added to different writing groups, and I take some time each morning to check in and see how their writing is going.

But I also support independent artists. I do this by tweeting product from an indie seller on Etsy - and the product always, somehow, ties back to the theme of the series.

Last weekend, I was showing Timothy some Twitter basics. He has an account but he really doesn't use it or understand Twitter. I showed him the consistency of all the posts on my BryonySeries Twitter and how they tie back to the series or writing in general.

As I scrolled back, I showed him this gorgeous piece of watercolor changeling art. I shared it on Twitter because it was not only a gorgeous piece of watercolor changeling art, it absolutely reminded me of one of my characters in the BryonySeries, his changeling essence, so to speak.

And the name of that changeling essence is Glorna.

My fascination for this piece must have shone through my comments. Because unbeknownst to me, Timothy wound up ordering it.

It showed up yesterday evening, and he brought it over in the rain (perfect for watercolor).

He knocked on my back door and held out the stiff white cardboard envelope, saying, "This came today."

I was very excited because it looked like he'd received a certificate of some kind. 

Instead, I was quite stunned when I beheld this piece, even more exquisite in person.

I really hope my tweets have helped bring customers to these indie artists. 

And as it turns out, sometimes, I am the happy and satisfied customer.






No comments: