Monday, July 27, 2026

Chocolate Oatmeal For Breakfast

Moving from one home to another is always challenging - and we're becoming the experts, I think, since we're on our sixth move since the fall of 2013.

One challenge is not realizing you need an item until you don't have it.

For instance, I eat oatmeal every morning, mostly because I actually do like it.

But I don't like runny oatmeal.

And I don't like the taste of fresh milk.

Or the taste of unsweetened oatmeal.

So I make mine in the microwave with powedered milk and a bit of cream of wheat to thicken it - and then I add a sprinkle of brown sugar to sweeten it.

But not until I was making oatmeal after spending the night for the first time in the new home did I realize I had neither cream of wheat or brown sugar.

I did, however, have a box of chocolate graham crackers.

I cracker crumbled into powder and added to the oatmeal before microwaving both thickened and sweetened the mixture for me.

It also tasted rather good, too.

I recently wrote how I'm constantly pivoting these last few years.

And I also wrote about the importance of celebrating the "shifts" in our plans.

It's true I'm rather weary of the nonstop challenges that's keeping my family and me on edge these days.

But without the challenges, we wouldn't encounter the blessings.

Like eating chocolate oatmeal for breakfast.



No comments: