Thursday, April 25, 2024

Radio Play Flowers

Last weekend, nine members of WriteOn Joliet held its second annual radio-style theatre performance at the Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park Theatre in Joliet.

A friend's daughter, also a writer, gave me the bouquet on the left before Friday night's show, along with a lovely card and an even lovelier note that said I was her role model. And she emphasized that point in person after the performance.

Timothy and Jasmine, who both know I love fresh flowers (although I can't inhale too deeply due to my many allergies) gave me the next two bouquets respectively after the Saturday event. Jasmine stressed that her flowers had "BryonySeries purple" and Rebekah, who put all three bouquets in vases, chose the purple one on purpose for Jasmine's flowers.

There's an old saying that says, "friends are the flowers in the garden of life."

I only need to step into my kitchen to know it's true.

Have a beautiful Thursday.




No comments: