Monday, August 7, 2023

The New Desk Chair

I had just started moving bedding into the washing machine on the last Saturday morning in July, when Timothy strolled into my room with a large box and said, "This is your new desk chair."

And he proceeded to put it together.


"There's nothing wrong with my old desk chair," I protested, thinking of of the extra cost, although it was too late now. "It's comfortable and works just fine."

"No, it doesn't," Timothy said. 

Timothy said he sat in that chair the other day to update my computer and noticed all the stuffing was flat.

"You can't sit in that chair all day," he said.

"But I do. And the cats will destroy the leather."

"Rebekah ordered a chair cover," Timothy said. "It will be here tomorrow."

I took a closer look at the old desk chair. It was not quite four years old. Timothy was right. The chair was down to the wood.



I had to admit, the new chair was very attractive.

And comfortable.

Timothy pointed out the high back. "So you can rest your head when you take a break."

When I "take a break." He's hilarious.

"When you need to rest your eyes a minute," he said.

"I don't lean back in the chair. And I don't rest my eyes."

Well, I made a liar out of myself.



On Wednesday, I felt a little tired, a little gassy, a little achy, and a little "off." Twice, for less than two minutes each time, I lay my head back wondering where my pep went. Nothing screamed, "Go to the ER" to me.

I say "less than two minutes" because I was in the middle of a busy work day with a meeting that night to finish WriteOn Joliet's radio play editing. So each time I sat back up and buckled down.

However, not twelve hours later than the last mini rest, in the early hours before dawn, I weas heading off the ER for my first (and hopefully last) attack of diverticulitis.

But in those four divided minutes, I was sure glad for that new desk chair.

And on that Saturday, when the chair was ready to go, Timothy pushed it to my desk so I could work on my novel in comfort.

It really is a nice chair.


Surprisingly, the cats did leave the chair alone. The chair cover arrived the next day, as Timothy promised.

But Faith didn't need the chair. She had claimed the bubble wrap.

Have a great Monday!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like your new chair!

Anonymous said...

Zo'n goede stoel!

Denise M. Baran-Unland said...

Thank you, everyone! I have a very nice chair - and a really wonderful son! <3