Monday, September 21, 2020

When Worlds Collide

Today I woke up before the alarm clock. Instead of hitting snooze, I got up and, while feeding cats and making coffee, mentally ran down my list of undone projects, debating which one I'd choose.

And then - the lightbulb moment.

I has a project I forgot to put on my weekend list, oops!

The project needed a little time to complete, one reason why I kept pushing it to a weekend. But I'd done that so often, the project finally fell off the schedule altogether.

I really couldn't delay it another week, especially since I'd promised to finish it.

Yes, it's a story.

Yes, it's a BryonySeries story.

And, yet, it's a story I was asked to write, not a story I simply decided to write. In fact, writing this particular story never occurred to me.

For me, as a writer, writing an assigned a story with a theme and then trying to figure it out how to connect it to the existing fictional world is challenging.

But I got it done this morning.

Yes, you will be able to, eventually, read it.

And now I'm waaaaaaaay behind.

Happy Monday! 



Illustration by Kathleen Rose Van Pelt for "Bryony."


No comments: