Monday, February 3, 2020

Daniel and the Puzzles

Strange as this sounds, when I was expecting my first child in 1981, I had a dream about all six of my children.

Although I did not dream them with one hundred percent accuracy, the overall details are there.

Except for being blond and not as tall, Christopher, physically, comes pretty close to the way he looked around age ten to twelve.

I dreamed of Sarah with hair down to her waist (which she has), talking animatedly to someone on the phone (which she does) in the kitchen of my parents' home. (All my children live in the Joliet area, except for Sarah, who moved to Raleigh about ten years ago. A few years ago, my parents moved to Raleigh, too).

Joshua looks exactly the same, except I dreamed his face a little longer and his hair curly. He was with Christopher in the small room adjacent to a larger room in my parents' recreation room in their basement.

Today, he and Christopher live near each other, one in Morris and one in Mazon.

Timothy is the most off physically (I dreamed him as a girl), but he is the most sensitive and intuitive of all the kids.

Rebekah's facial features are identical to the dream. In the dream, she and Timothy are sitting across from each other on the basement floor, heads down in deep concentration, playing a board game.

Growing up and still as adults, they've played the same "game" together. They worked together on the newspaper route, more than any other combination of siblings. They work in the same industry (culinary) and collaborated in teaching at Joliet Junior College and special work events at each other's respective work places. Outsiders have commented on how in sync they work.

Daniel was off by himself on the other end of the room, working a puzzle. He looked exactly the same in childhood as I dreamed him.

My youngest three have lived together the longest "in the same room" than any other combination of siblings. Meaning, they have lived together as a unit together longer than any other combination of their siblings.

One of Daniel's favorite childhood occupations was working puzzles.

And that is true today.

Actually, except for the fact he is sitting at the kitchen table, he was in this same position when I dreamed of a four-year-old Daniel almost fifteen years before he came to be.


No comments: