Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wigging Out and Writer's Groups

Converations with my publicist Dulcinea Hawksworth are always profitable. Yesterday, she had two surprises for me.

She has not one, but two "John Simons" wig for tonight's shooting of the Bryony trailer. I'm also going to help lead a writer's group, beginning next month.

For the wigs, Dulcinea shopped around. One is a regular, full-size wig, but the other is a modified hairpiece, that she stitched to a headband, which "John" can wear under his head. This gives "John" options, in case one doesn't fit or doesn't look right.

The writer's group is at a healing and wellness store that is already displaying the Bryony cards and will carry the book once it's released. She will give me full details later. I haven't led a writing group since I taught a high school features writing class at Joliet Area Christian Cooperative, so I'm really looking forward to it.

In the meantime, hoping I can squeeze a nap into the day. Rising at midnight followed by work, school, a Holy Week service, and an evening film shoot makes for a LONG day.

Still...this is gonna be fun!

No comments: