Thursday, January 5, 2023

January Beauty

Many people consider January a "blah" time: the holidays are past and spring can't come soon enough.

But January is full of subtle beauty once we know where to find it.

Below are six photos I  took in January, 2017 to 2022.



When The Herald-News was located on Oneida Street and we lived in The Birches (about a mile and a half away), I almost always walked back and forth to work. Bertrand The Mouse always came with me, tucked inside my lunch cooler, unless he was feeling particularly frisky, such as on this day in January 2017, when he led the way.





My grandchildren Ezekiel and Riley enjoy a bit of snow fun on our family Christmas right outside my back door at the time on January 7, 2018.





This photo is from January 7 Christmas 2019. My gift to my grandchildren that year was "Build a Bear" - from bread dough. They did it all, from proofing the yeast, mixing the dough, kneading the dough, and then decorating and baking their bears. This is my granddaughter Jessica, clearly pleased with her results.





Timothy took this photo of me taking photos inside the Rialto Square Theatre in Joliet in January 2019 while I was working on a story.





In early January 2020, I wanted a "snow scene" photo for social media - except I had broken my toe and couldn't walk far on the slippery ground. So I opened the front door and snapped this photo of my yard right outside the porch.




Beautiful scene from a morning walk with Rebekah in January 2021.





I snapped this photo earlier this week while working at the computer. When Faith, who has small cell lymphoma, isn't napping, she sits behind me on my desk chair or gazes out the window. I love this cat!



No comments: