Monday, October 25, 2021

2021 At-Home Writing Retreat No. 2 Recap

I made my goal.

That's basically it. 

Yes, I had a more detailed account of my first retreat last month.

And I shared what I hoped to accomplish before I began.

Essentially, the word sketches are complete.

But the pages are still devoid of color and texture. This is the next stage. It's also the most time intensive stage. But not necessarily the most difficult.

To me, each stage of the writing process is easier than the last.

But they also take more time to perfect.

The hard part, giving the story structure and form, is done. It feels good.

Tomorrow I return to work and will concentrate on writing and editing features for The Herald-News.

Fiction will fade to the background until Friday evening, where it belongs.

What a blessing that all activities have their own path - and their own season.

Just like writing a novel, they shape our lives and give form and meaning to our days.

Have a great Monday!




No comments: