Saturday, November 9, 2019

A "Ruthless" Update

This is the "telegram" I received earlier this week that promoted this blog post: The Great Compliment of Fan Fiction.

Along with this email, I also received the first seven chapters and the epilogue, which I read in fits and starts this week. (I still have chapter seven and the epilogue to go).

Writers: take note of the lowercase letters. The explanation is at the bottom, hilarious.


Dear Momi,
   
With so few word between us since I've started the rough draft of Ruthless, the back story of Ed Calkins, I feel the need to send some of what I'm working on. 

I don't want to damage the Bryony franchise, but I've taken liberties with the some of the characters and their author. I am completely willing to retreat on any storyline I've introduced if you find it prudent. 

This is a good point to send what I have, but new chapters are likely to emerge as the plots unfold. Just as sure, chapters will need to be cut as the subplots gain complications.

Table of content (outline)

Forward or Backward w

Chapter 1 Pigs don’t Plow w

Chapter 2 Mirror w

Chapter 3 Road trip bar w

Chapter 4 The Why chromosome w

Chapter 5 Suspect w

Chapter 6 Happy Hunting w

Chapter 7 A Government of, by, and for Ed Calkins w

Chapter 8 The divine refrigerator w

Chapter 9 Shoot out at the Not OK Coral c

Chapter 10 Somebody else’s dirty secret w

Chapter 11 So a girl, a guy, and a brownie walk into a bar… u

Chapter 12 The Council of scantily clothed merrows u

Chapter 13 The road trip continues. u
                             A The trial
                             B The execution

Chapter 14 Turning State’s evidence u

Chapter 15 Kiss, kill, or marry u

Chapter 16 Where’s your bathrobe u

Chapter 17 the folly of a gun at a limerick fight u

Chapter 18 Won the lottery, died the next day u

Chapter 19 A full confession u

Epilogue w
c- complete but needs revision
w- writing done be content needs adding and revision
u- created but not one word on paper




No comments: