Monday, November 27, 2017

Almost Nine Days Off (And What I Did In That Time)

Friday: Left work and headed straight to WriteOn Joliet's anthology release party, arriving half an hour late. (More on the release party later this week).

Saturday and Sunday: Caught up on BryonySeries marketing and attended Divine Liturgy

Monday through Wednesday: Worked on Before the Blood

Thanksgiving Day: Attended Divine Liturgy, entertained family, worked on Before the Blood

Friday: Worked on Before the Blood.

Saturday: Coffee date with Timothy to work on the second Cornell Dyer story and plot out the third, worked on Before the Blood.

Sunday: Divine Liturgy, work, mailed out one bill and assembled and mailed eight notes (I'm pen pals with my grandkids and send mail to them on a monthly basis).

I did keep up (ish) with email, walked and exercised every day (although yoga and lifting weights fell off Friday and Saturday).

With the exception of posting a Bible verse, "good mornings" on two sights, wishing the daily "happy birthday," and approving new members of Joliet Connect (and responding to comments), I stayed off social media.

I did watch three entire episodes of Scarlet Heart with Rebekah and finished off season seven of Archer with Daniel, but TV was still no more than one hour a day (and not every day).

Mostly, though, I wrote, about 50 (estimated) hours worth of writing.

I didn't quite finish everything on my list, so some of that will still be sprinkled over the coming week.

But it was, overall, a great week. I have not had this much time off since I was a kid. Even the reporter I saw on Sunday commented on how rested I looked.

Toward the end of Saturday, my muse started to dwindle, my signal that it was time to move on and do other things.

Usually, I'm wishing for "one more day off." This time, it was the right amount. I'm ready to return to work and tackle those projects again.

Or, at least, this is my view this Monday morning at 5:14 a.m. with a cup of dark roast (trying out new brand, thank you, Daniel) beside me. Have a great day vampire fans (and the rest of you, too).

PS: Timothy Baran and Rebekah Baran prepared the spread below for WriteOn Joliet's anthlogy release party at The Book Market in Crest Hill.





No comments: