Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Morning Munsonville Musings

While sipping coffee and eyeing a clock moving faster than the work I can complete, these are the thoughts running through my mind:

   *  Gotta get better at saving my story links so I can post Friday's Story Round-Up in a timely fashion, instead of watching Friday speed away, choosing fiction over blogging, and promising myself I will post "later." I mean, seriously, how difficult is it to copy and paste one story link per day into a file? Sheesh, Denise!

   *  Before the Blood will be reduced to mere pecks for the next month. Vendor Fair, church spaghetti dinner fundraiser and birthday surprise for Rebekah, author fair, and Pascha will gobble up the next four weeks of Saturdays.

   *  Wondering if Sarah has FINALLY added the author and illustrator pages and uploaded Staked! to Createspace? Guessing not, because I have no email telling me the online proof is ready.

   *  Gotta finish my presentation and send summary and photo to coordinator of that said author fair. Yes, vampire fans, I will be talking about and answering questions on my BryonySeries, writing for young adults, and self-publishing. More on this later.

   *  Speaking of "vendor fairs," I forgot to register, and the coordinator, who invited me, has gently nudged me in that direction all weekend. Checking that clock again and thinking I'd better get that one done.

   *  Writer friends: I will be offering writing assessments during the vendor (this Saturday), $5 for fifteen minutes, all proceeds going to that day's cause (an orphanage in Haiti). Tell your writer comrades, more on this later, too.

   *  Note to self: now that I work for a company, make sure my boss knows about these events, too, as per her request. Better do THAT one today, too.

   *  Did more re-reading of Bryony and Visage this weekend than writing the prequel, but considering I was the on-call editor for The Herald-News, met for several hours with the fiction writers I'm mentoring, had this Tuesday's health story to edit, AND I'm trying to stay focused in the series' tone--more challenging than I had considered with the new duties--I felt that time well spent.

   *  Sunday, after church and work, I only had enough time for an episode of Family Guy with Daniel and Once Upon a Time with Rebekah  OR a blog post. Family took precedence this time. Sorry. (Gotta budget time a bit better, me thinks).

   *  Crap! Almost six o'clock! Gotta eat breakfast, pack a lunch, and suit up all before six-thirty if I'm gonna make that ninety minute power walk.

Have a gothicy, musical day! :)

 

No comments: