Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day #2

Yesterday: First section, Chapter 1,  rough draft: Check!

Word Count: 1968

It's only Day two of National Novel Writing Month, and I'm already losing heart.

I overslept, so my already bursting at the seams "to do" list for today is shouting out for attention and doing a good job of squashing any fledgling good intentions of writing Chapter 2 today.

Luckily for me, yesterday, I tucked the outline I had previously written into the back of my head and allowed ideas to simmer there all afternoon and evening. At bedtime, I was still jotting ideas, so I'm not starting with am empty slate.

I'm going to do it. I'm going to write that prequel's first draft this month. Period.

The schedule is now face-down on my desk; my appointment book is closed. I'm ignoring all the frustrating red tape that's preventing the first and current Bryony book--already dressed in its glorious proof clothing--from hitting final publication. I'm posting this blog, turning off the objections, turning on the right mood music, and getting those half-germinated ideas into my computer where they belong.

Then, and only then, will I turn my attention to the rest of duties clamoring to be heard.

Nineteenth century Munsonville, here I come!


No comments: