Friday, September 7, 2018

2nd At-Home Writing Retreat Day No. Four

Very quick update before I head out to a birthday dinner for one of my sons.

Kinda ironic since I wrote a major death scene this afternoon.

Less writing today, had a work engagement this morning ( a very inspiring work engagement, the sort of event that reminds me why I love my job so much) and an appointment this afternoon.

This morning between appointments I did get some work done on one of the "forgotten" tasks. It's very clumsy writing, but I reminded myself perfection wasn't the goal, getting the entire draft out was.

Editing of the fifth and final volume of Before the Blood is for the next few weeks, while my editor is working on the first four.

One writing day left (minus one dentist appointment), and I'm looking at a shriveled homework list.

I'm feeling cautiously hopeful I'll hit goal. Or at least a workable goal-ish.

I can see the "finish" banner, but I can still stumble.

Shoelaces tied, off to dinner I go.



Illustration by Matt Coundiff for "Visage." Follow him at www.facebook.com/artbymattcoundiff.

No comments: