Monday, March 20, 2017

Writing, Marketing, and Side Projects: Fast Recap

Really fast recap, as I opted to sleep in two hours today, which meant I didn't get up until 5:45 a.m. Celebrating a day I'm working from home while systems are down in the office today.

Saturday: Up early to finish a work project I didn't finish the previous night and then onward to Before the Blood. Not as much progress as I wished (mostly because my expectations are high, I think), but plenty of sections to compose and refine for the coming week.

Sunday: Working with Rebekah, I fixed as much formatting as possible for Cornell Dyer and the Missing Tombstone. She is uploading it today. If Createspace approves it, we'll probably only scan the online proof before going live.

I also have a couple Bertrand books in progress, one for release next fall, another for release this spring.

Marketing: Mostly maintaining the pace (which is good) and mostly because the website still sucks on mobile view, so I don't want to go the next level until that's fixed. A call to Go Daddy is on today's "to do" list. I'm SLOWLY gaining some Twitter followers (@BryonySeries) and "likes." Same goes for Bertrand's Instagram, too.(bertrand_bryonyseries).

"Real" work-wise, I'm also plodding along on some new projects I hope to launch, with our managing editor's approval.

Side project: Received a lovely note from an art therapist at Joliet Area Community Hospice about the impact my art therapy books are having on clients. Really, really made my day. Isn't it wonderful how God can use even the challenging parts of our lives to bless others?

Another side project: Last Thursday, Harper Collins author Lori Rader-Day shared her story (and signed books) at our WriteOn Joliet meeting. The visit was informal and engaging, and members offered great feedback on how Rader-Day's visit inspired them.

Finally: Tomorrow is World Poetry Day and there is a movement to "pay for a cup of coffee with a poem." I don't write good poetry, but I'm going to print off one of my classic favorites and see if I can't "buy" a cup of coffee with it. Wish me luck!

And there we go. Happy Monday morning, vampire fans! :)




No comments: