Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Experimental Posts and Play Lists

Because the dates of posts one, two, and three don't match when I actually posted them, I am writing this post to check the date when I should be editing two other stories.

Maybe, it's my general lack of technical knowledge, but if I post a piece at midnight or even two a.m., I'm baffled why the date and time posts incorrectly. So much for organized, advanced planning!

On another note, writelifellc.wordpress.com had an interesting post this morning about play lists. Until I saw another author post her inspirational song titles, I thought I was the only one who found that certain music inspired scenes, moods, and even characters' personality traits.

However, my song/artist list for Bryony is rather disversifed and eclectic, so I doubt it will ever make a good movie soundtrack. While composing the three books that comprise the Bryony series thus far, I listened to classical piano music (no surprises there), Sanctus Real, Switchfoot, Seabird, Remedy Drive, Crystal Gayle, ELO, the Partridge Family, and tin whistle compositions on YouTube.

I have started the notes for Bryony's prequel, Before the Blood, and I finding myself drawn to Queensryche, Guns and Roses, and Al Stewart. Hmmm.....

1 comment:

Denise M. Baran-Unland said...

Don't forget about Barry Manilow.