Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Ed Calkins Sends a Christmas Limerick

This arrived late Christmas Eve from the Steward himself, but it's sentiment is evergreen. 

For those who didn't know, Ed "doubles" as Santa during the holiday season. I'm not a big fan of candy canes most of the year, and even then, I prefer the large ones. 

And I hardly ever miss ye olde task of delivering newspapers in the middle of the night seven days a week. 

But come each December, I do miss seeing Ed running around the distribution center in a Santa cap handing out mini candy canes with the route books. Amazing to think we'd probably not be friends (and I'd probably barely recall him) had I not written him into the BryonySeries.

It's interesting how God brings people together...



For His birthday we crave peace on earth
And then praise Him for all that we're worth
But what might give Him pause
Is this fool 'Santa Claus'
But I mean well and have the right girth

Merry Christmas!

Ed Calkins, Steward of Tara







No comments: