Thursday, April 28, 2016

No Throwback Today, Just a Quick Thought

Finally have the virus everyone else around has already had (yay!), so I'm moving a little slower, and my thinking is a little duller.

That means I didn't get everything done last night I wanted to get done. Didn't even figure out until bedtime last night I was actually under the weather.

So.

I was tempted this morning to pass on my thirty minutes of quiet fiction time in favor or gettting some more work done. And then I stopped to think if that's the advice I'd give someone else.

The answer is, of course, "No."

The world, it seems, gets busier and busier. The work piles higher, the deadlines press tighter. We can either run the race harder and faster, or we can take a breath and pause.

What needs to get done always, somehow, gets done.

A rejuvenated body and a refreshed mind is more efficient than those that are whipped and beaten down.

Whatever you're doing right now, stop.

Close your eyes.

Take a moment.

Have a great day, vampire fans! :)

No comments: