Sunday, March 30, 2014

Quick Weekend Recap

Really quick recap, as tomorrow's an extra early day with deadlines snapping pretty quickly. Tomorrow, I'll give more time to elaborate on a very special day today.

Saturday's vendor fair: Sold one candle, no books, HOWEVER, I didn't expect to sell any books. Vendor fairs are for branding, visibility, and card distribution only; I consider any sales bonuses. Otherwise, I'd bring baked goods.

Nevertheless, I considered it a success because:

   *  People stopped to look because they were familiar with the product.

   *  One Brownie Scout pranced by, skidded to a halt, glanced back at Bryony, and said, "My sister has this book," before skipping away. She came back later with another girl, who took a card.

   *  One very artsy looking young man all in demin, long hair in a pony tail, head topped with an awesome hat, stayed a long time, carefully reading back covers and flipping through books before slowly moving away. And Rebekah and I both instantly knew when he approached our table that he fit the profile of the type of reader we felt the books would attract.

   *  I hung out six hours with Rebekah and had a blast.

Writer workshop: I spent a couple of hours with the two fiction writers I'm mentoring, at their insistence as I won't have an open Saturday for the next month. I'm thrilled at their progress and humbled to have played a small part in that progress. More on this another time.

Today, my oldest son turned thirty-two, and we celebrated with quite the family party. More on this tomorrow.


 

No comments: