Monday, May 6, 2019

Smidgens of Stuff

Despite working most of Saturday (event coverage, a rather intense story I saved for uninterrupted time, some leftover editing) and Sunday morning before church, the weekend was both productive and relaxing.

Yes, that baffles me, too. Here are the highlights:

Saturday:

Covered a really sweet story Saturday afternoon about a New Lenox Girl brownie troop's volunteer activities at at local St. Vincent de Paul. Normally I would have asked for submitted art and a news release, but this troop also welcomed a severely disable girl into their troop at the store during the event, so I went out and took my own photos and a few videos. The story is running in Wednesday's Herald-News.

Oh, and they sent me home with flowers, their appreciation for my coming out. :)

Then I went for a nice long walk with one of my sons, came home and cleaned the house, and spent the rest of the day working on my standalone werewolf novel (yes, a standalone) Lycanthropic Summer.

Sunday:

Work, coffee and a walk with one of my daughters and then Divine Liturgy at St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Homewood. This was followed a dinner and a conversation with some really dear people. 

The day was the second anniversary of the death of one friend's husband (I was good friends with them both), so the time together had especial meaning. 

Once home again, I read half of "Fang Face" (a humorous vampire story) by Chicago author Norm Cowie. I'll finish the book this week, run a pre-review in this Friday's Herald-News, and a full review in this Tuesday's LocalLit newsletter.

Then Rebekah and I did some miscellaneous BryonySeries chores.

1) Order fulfillments.

2) Addressing some KDP concerns.

3) Ordering a proof copy for Before the Blood: Henry Matthews (fourth installment of the BryonySeries prequel)

4) Fixing KDP concerns for WriteOn Joliet's KDP special "cheetah" anthology and resubmitting to KDP for review.

5) Reviewing our "chore" list. Rebekah asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day. I told her a few hours whittling down that list. She was game. But now she was to work. Easy come, easy go...

6) Hanging out while she played with different website companies. She's had several offers to format books and design websites, so she was experimenting with different sites.

I spent the evening cleaning house (I'm a daily-ish housekeeper) and then taking a long walk while talking to my oldest daughter on the phone.

Yoga.

Hearing the kids' analysis of the movie.

See? A truly great weekend. 




No comments: