Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Email Hell

So once upon a time I was great at keeping up with email.

We're talking about, oh, pre-2014.

What changed in 2014? Well, I became an employee.

And my one work email address became two work email addresses. My previous work address then became my personal email address - except it was also a work email address to my contacts of fifteen years.

But I wasn't comfortable checking it at work because, well, I was at work. So I did it on off hours. Except as off hours shrank, I didn't feel like spending off hours checking email.

The last time I did a great purge was February of 2015.

So in 2017, I decided to get ahead of it. Except it multiplied faster.

Yesterday, AOL spoke.

As I was moving some things around, AOL asked, "Do you want to permanently delete this?" And of course I clicked, "No."

That's not what AOL heard.

Momentary panic. And then relief.

So now I'm taking a few minutes each day to sort by keywords stuff I want before it permanently vanishes. But "new mail" is looking lean.

And I like it.

Easy. Manageable.

Finally.



No comments: