Monday, December 14, 2015

Mental Calisthenics

The last couple months at work have been a tremendous editing workout. 

The sheer volume of information coming in regarding holiday events, along with the stockpiling of stories in anticipation for vacation days during Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year; and the tighter weekend editor rotation has stretched my brain and endurance in wonderful and frustrating ways.

It's a rare Sunday I even peek at Before the Blood, but maybe even that project should receive a day of rest.

I love the growth. I just don't always love the process. 

Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14

Paul, of course, is referring to heavenly matters, but during times of kicking the heat up a few notches and increasing the weights I lift, I cling to these words.

Anyway, these are my thoughts as I leave a working weekend behind and enter the new work week. 

No comments: