Sunday, September 21, 2014

Snag with "Staked!", Very Litttle Fiction This Weekend

So yesterday, while in the midst of dealing with a family medical issue, Sarah Stegall calls me and said, "I have bad news."

While working on the formatting for Staked! the manuscript decided - because, apparently, that's what manuscripts do - to revert to an earlier save.

Except Sarah dosen't know which "save."

I reassured her that deducing it should be relatively easy, as I have growing collection of very different Staked! proof copies. We only need compare and fix.

Compare is easy. Refixing what she has already fixed hurts.

Especially since Sarah is uncommonly busy with work these days. It means she has to re-do work she has already done, in eeked-out amounts of time, when she has it.

I'm still clutching my enterprising spirit, but I have a growing respect for traditional publishing. It's challenging trying to meet traditional publishing professional standards when one is learning the basics of self-publishing.

If we weren't so picky and trying to releas a pristine book, Staked! could have been available long ago.

And there's the rub.




No comments: