Monday, June 9, 2014

The Author's View from Monday Morning

A satisfying weekend on so many levels, I hardly know where to begin.

One, it feels fantastic to be starting the week only slightly behind. I hope I improve even upon that before the next five days end. I am on call for this weekend, but, unless there's breaking news that needs coverage, I will still have time for fiction.

Two, although I didn't spend as much time with the prequel as I had wished (only twelve hours), I am pleased with the progress made and the opportunity for uninterrupted, focused work.

Three, spent time with family: Family Guy with Daniel; half a day with Joshua, Amber, Ezekiel, and Morris to support Amber in her rededication water baptistm yesterday; and a fun clothes party with Rebekah (to finally try on clothes set aside by both Rebekah and Amber over six months ago). No Once Upon a Time (clothing party took longer than anticipated), but at least Rebekah and I won't be twiddling our thumbs waiting for the next season to begin; we are backed up that far in old episodes (No spoilers, please).

Four, last night I did reduce "new mail" from 279 to just 33. HURRAY!

Five, (the best), learned I'd made a difference in someone's life. Isn't that why God let's us live another day?



 

No comments: