Monday, January 20, 2014

Learning New Software Like a Boss

Well, kinda.

As a brand new features editor at The Herald-News, I AM a boss (I'm responsible for an editorial assistant, not sure of all the duties yet, so it's a vague hat), and the fact I am even (sort of) learning new computer systems and software at all (with no one screaming at me--yet--in total frustration), I think me deserves the moniker.

I even had my first lesson in Photoshop. :)

Furthermore, I still have my former offspring assistants for awhile yet. Rebekah had no work or school today (in honor of Martin Luther King), so since the spirit of the day calls for service of some kind, I gave her a thick booklet and the totally awesome task of learning my new email system.

She said it was easy. Good. She can help me set up folders and add a signature.

Don't laugh.

 

No comments: