Thursday, May 24, 2012

Be Still

Crazy, awful, busy day, especially with a holiday weekend (and early deadlines) along with an editor going on vacation (so more early deadlines), and a heavy sprinkling of life drama to make executing those deadlines a daunting challenge.

In the midst of the above activity, I've had some interesting things happen over the last twenty-four hours that has surprisingly dispelled the tension, renewed cautious hope, and breathed fresh life into some rather grim circumstances.

So as I struggle to meet the expectations of the day, and failing in the attempt, I suddenly remembered I had not posted a blog yet today. As I contemplated all the things I wished to communicated, I found myself basking instead in a rather delightful serenity, and that, to me, seems the best message today.

Go ahead. Take five. Chill. Breathe. Count your blessings. Life is sweet. Enjoy a moment of it before returning to whatever duties you must face today. Still is good. Cherish a moment of it.

No comments: