Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Meet Kathy Feeney-Pilarcik, Freelance Make-Up Artist, Part 2

In a continuation from yesterday's interview, Kathy Feeney-Pilarcik, a freelance make-up artist with twelve years experience, explains her make-over philosophy.


5) When performing a make-over, how do you determine what's right for a particular client?

"LISTEN to the client's needs and wants! It's not what I think that matters! It's what the client is comfortable with. I'm big on the complexion looking smooth, even, and bright. The intensity of eyes and lips is up to the client."


6) What if the client has opposing ideas?

"The client is ALWAYS right! women know themselves! I totally respect that! I'm ALWAYS listening...."


7) What is the number one make-up error most women make?

"Eye makeup is a big problem: bad technique or lining only the bottom of the eye, WRONG! If you're going to pick a side to line, always line the top! Oooohh, and ENOUGH with the brownish berry lip color! Too harsh and it makes your teeth look yellow !"


8) I understand you do not charge for all make-up services.

"I offer free makeup for any chemotherapy patients suffering from a loss of lashes and brows. I lost my mother to cancer and I truly want to help ANYONE in need of help with this!"


Contact Kathy Feeney-Pilarcik at edjoeyp@aol.com



No comments: