Thursday, July 23, 2020

From Jasmine, With Love

The day AFTER my birthday, Timothy's girlfriend Jasmine stopped by my house and totally spoiled me with gifts.




The reason she came the following day is because she did the same for my granddaughter Riley Marie, who turned four the same day I, Denise Marie (Marie was my grandmother's name and my godmother's name) turned fifty-nine.

Riley lives in another town and county, probably the same distance away from Jasmine's apartment in the opposite direction. On Jasmine's way back, a bad storm blew up, and we advised her to wait a day with her gifts.





Because Jasmine is a cake decorator and works for Jewel, she's deemed an essential worker and worked all through this pandemic.

I also had four grandchildren with birthdays since this began. And Jasmine has been amazing at making sure they have balloons, cake and gifts, all of which can be purchased at Jewel.

Now here's what she brought for me:



Flowers that are still fresh and are gracing the center of my kitchen table - in a color and scent "Henry" would approve.




A BryonySeries cake (yes, Jasmine has read the entire trilogy. She just lent her copies to a friend and bought an entire new set for herself, in case they don't come back to her).




Here's a closeup of the "bryony" vines.




And here is a closeup of Henry's purple rose, which I saved for last and split with Rebekah.




A proclamation of the perfect day...




...which Faith approves.




Jasmine also brought "emergency coffee," but I will never need to break it because...




Jasmine also  brought these.





Yes, it was! 

No comments: