Tuesday, February 18, 2020

A Tale of Four Coffees

Yesterday morning was the last morning of a three-day weekend where I actually accomplished most of the projects I set out to do.

I started the day with a cup mug of coffee (far left). The pod was not the actual pod I'd used, but it was the brand.

Then Rebekah later treated me to a cup of coffee. (second from the left).

Just as I was about to leave for my lunch with Ed Calkins, the Steward of Tara (He wanted to discuss "Ruthless"), Jasmine, my ride, brought me a large Gloria Jean's, which I, of course, could not take to the restaurant, so I planned to enjoy it upon my return.

At lunch, Ed was surprised I didn't order coffee with the meal, so I explained why.

About twenty minutes later, my first ex-husband called. Being at lunch, I ignored the call.

So he called again. And again.

Thinking it was an emergency, I answered.

No emergency. He was outside my door with a cup of coffee (far right).

So he left it for me inside the grill.

It was a lot of coffee, even for me, so I'm still enjoying it this morning.

Even better than coffee was the fact that I'm surrounded by thoughtful people.

My goal for today: to live up to their standards.






No comments: