Friday, January 24, 2020

Holding Off on Story Round-Up

For those of you who like catching up with my feature stories for the week, I'm holding off on that post for one more day.

That's because some of the stories won't be posting online until later today.

So, instead, here's a quick catch-up on the other parts of my writing world.

Memoir: The proof copy arrived in the mail yesterday! Rebekah immediately caught one typo and a couple formatting issues. Phyllis just got out of the hospital, so before I hand the book off to my copy editor, I do want her to see it. 

Although this project was challenging to fit into the last eighteen months of a demanding work schedule, now that I've held the book, I'm really glad I accepted the offer.

Fiction: Even though I had a long weekend last weekend, I only read through the parts I'd previously written in both The Phoenix (the first book in the Limbo series) and Lycanthropic Summer (a standalone werewolf novel).

What's especially interesting about the first book is that it's required me to research the history of nineteenth century journalism, which, during these times of "the death of journalism" trope, is a good reminder that journalism is not dead but ever-evolving.

Finally, if you have a few minutes to brave what's supposed to be really crummy weather tomorrow, stop out at The Book Market in Crest hill between 3 and 5 p.m.

I'll be there with a cup of hot coffee, all of my books titles (discounted), and my daughter Rebekah, who will be happy to haggle prices with you.

And if nothing I've written interests you, browse the store: thousands of titles, something for everyone. If you can't find a book you're seeking, the owner Janet Staley will be happy to help you out.

Have a fantastic Friday: readers, writers and BryonySeries fans.


No comments: