Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Elusive Files

This morning I "wasted" about forty-five minutes or so searching for a poem I'd written for our "Christmas letter" when our family delivered newspapers.

These are basically flyers placed in each subscriber's newspaper with information on how to tip the carrier. And I always tried to make these as whimsical as possible.

One year, I wrote a variation of "T'was The Night Before Christmas," which featured the antics of our family slipping and sliding on the snow during delivery, along with a hand-drawn illustration of me, smiling as I walked through the snow to hand a newspaper to a customer.

I didn't find the poem. I may have written it before 2007, which is when I had a computer crash (We delivered from 1998 to the end of 2012).

I've not given up hope. I may have saved a hard copy. I still have boxes from Channahon to unpack.

What I DID find, however, is a series of Christmas letters Timothy had written to various members of our family back in 2010. I had forgotten about these, as he may have, too.

But he'll see them this morning. I emailed them all to him.

BTW, he took the photo of his Christmas tree, as he celebrates his first Christmas in his first townhome.

Blessings to all you this day!


No comments: