Tuesday, December 10, 2019

A Unique Partnership

If you haven't read the news release my WriteOn Joliet co-leader Tom Hernandez sent out last week, you should.

I don't know everything about every writer's group that's ever existed.

But I do know a partnership like this is unprecedented.

When I was a child, I longed to connect with Catherine Wooley, Shirley Simon, Marilyn Sacks, Ruth M. Arthur, Patricia Clapp, Carolyn Keene, Laura Lee Hope, Jane Thayer, Barbara Wallace and more.

Some of connections might have been possible today if they were still alive. I say "some," because Carolyn Keene and Laura Lee hope never existed. And Jane Thayer is a pen name of Catherine Wooley.

I would have been ecstatic to learn they lived in my own community. I would have been even more ecstatic to meet them and discuss their books with them.

That's one reason why these partnerships matter. The opportunities to connect readers with locally authored books, and to connect local authors with readers, are in exciting, foundational stages.

If you read, this is good news for you.

If you write, this is also good news for you.

https://www.theherald-news.com/2019/12/04/local-writers-group-strikes-unique-partnership-with-joliet-library-bookstore-to-promote-writing-reading-and-literacy/apqzhle/


No comments: